Tuesday 28 January 2014

The treatment continues

So, Joel is now 6 treatments in with 24 left to go! He is being very good about it, he doesn't like having it done, but he goes without too much complaining. It's normally comments like 'I'm scared' or 'I don't think I can do it this morning' which makes me really feel for him, but he has an audiobook that lasts the length of his treatment so that helps. He chooses to listen to that one story over and over, 'The White Cat' read by Emma Thompson - he loves her voice! After wearing his mask, you can see the imprint on his face. Awful picture, but if you look carefully you can just see the 'honeycomb' print on his forehead.


He's been feeling a little nauseous but it's not affecting him too bad at the moment. One of the other boys has been sick since day 2 so hopefully Joel won't be affected that bad. He's been prescribed his anti nausea meds just in case. He had his treatment at 6.30 am this morning and almost vomited after that but I think that was tiredness too.  I'm now equipped with a bucket in the car! Don't want to be caught out, especially when it's a big posh chrysler!

No comments:

Post a Comment